Prifile Susan Wong & Download [FULL ALBUM]
August 29, 2009 5 Comments
If you ask the average person in Hong Kong if they are familiar with the singer Susan Wong the chances are they’ll say ‘no’, yet Susan is one of the best selling Hong Kong artists throughout South East Asia. But If you talk to many serious music fans in South East Asia they’ll give rave recommendations of Susan, who has been labeled as the ‘Queen of audiophile’, for her soft and sultry vocal style and laid-back music that has won the hearts of her wide and diverse legion of loyal fans. From those audiophile enthusiasts who enjoy listening to fine recordings to young listeners who adore the heart touching love songs the one thing that unites all her fans is their knowledge that they’ve discovered Asia’s best kept secret.
Susan Wong was born in Hong Kong and emigrated to Sydney, Australia with her family at the age of seven. Musically inclined from a young age, she learned to play the piano from five and later also learned the violin. At school in Sydney she sang alto in the choir and appeared in the school dramas (Gilbert & Sullivan & the like) and entered a number of piano competitions. She received an associate degree, ATCL, in piano at Trinity College.
Her first break in the music world was at the age of sixteen when her parents (with mixed feelings) entered her for a singing contest in Sydney. It was organized by TVB with the winner to be offered a recording contract with one of the big music companies in Hong Kong. She won the competition and was sent back to Hong Kong and met with the TVB producers who wanted her to sign with one of the music labels. After much deliberation she finally decided that it wasn’t right for her at that time and instead returned to Australia to study at University. She pretty much just settled back into life at Uni and put aside any dreams of a music career.
After graduating from University she returned to Hong Kong in 1997 to help run her family’s accounting business and gained CPA certification. Despite her relatively settled career Susan was thinking, “is that all there is in life”. One of the students who she was teaching piano was working for a Hong Kong independent label, and she asked the boss if they wanted a singer. Susan says “I really wanted to record the English songs that I loved. We agreed to make an album and I just went into the studio feeling really relaxed with no stress or pressure and had a fun time recording my ‘Close To You’ album.” When the album came out it in 2002 it was widely acclaimed and quickly became a favourite of music stores to play and the album was soon climbing up the sales charts in countries like Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia. The four album release’s since, ‘Close To You’ have also enjoyed wide critical and commercial success establishing Susan as probably the No.1 selling English language female singer of her genre throughout S.E.Asia.
In early 2007 Susan Wong signed a new recording agreement with Hong Kong based Evolution Limited and pre-production is currently underway for her new album that will be recorded in the USA in May. As Susan explains her motivation behind the new album, “Musically I wanted a new challenge and new musical chemistry to give me a different lift and to move on to another stage. Not everyone has opportunity to work with such high calibre musicians and producers like those I’m working with on the new album”.
1. Killing Me Softly With His Song
2. I’m Easy
3. Fly Me To The Moon
4. Close To You
5. Love Will Keep Us Alive
6. Stay Awhile
7. Do You Wanna Dance?
8. This Masquerade
9. So That To Me One More Time
11. I Just Fall In Love Again
1. The Look Of Love
2. Girl From Ipanema
4. And I Love Her
5. Somewhere Byond The Sea
6. All The Way
7. The Shadow Of Your Smile
8. Just The Way You Are
11. Get Here
13. Kissing A Fool
2. Autumn Leaves
3. Cavatina (theme from Deer Hunter)
4. Too Young
5. I’ll Have To Say I Love You In A Song
6. We’re All Alone
7. These Foolish Things
8. Feel Like Making Love
9. Call Me
10. Cry Me A River
11. Kiss Me Goodbye
12. Hopelessly Devoted To You
13. I Only Want To Be With You
1. Rainy Days and Mondays
2. How Wonderful You Are
3. Way We Were
4. My Cherie Amour
5. I Believe
6. Promises Don’t Come Easy
7. On the Street Where You Live
8. I Wish You Love
9. As Tears Go By
10. Can’t Take My Eyes off You
11. You Need Me
12. Moon River
13. Ain’t No Sunshine
1. A thousand dreams of you
2. As time goes by
4. First of may
5. Guitar interlude
6. In the wee small hours of the morning
10. Sometime when we touch
12. When i fall in love
13. You don’t know me
1. You’ve Got a Friend – Susan Wong, King, C.
2. True Love Ways – Susan Wong, Holly, B.
3. Over the Rainbow – Susan Wong, Arlen, Harold
4. What a Difference a Day Made – Susan Wong, Adams, S.
5. When You Say Nothing at All – Susan Wong, Overstreet, Paul
6. The Other Side of the Sun – Susan Wong, Ian, J.
7. Come Softly to Me – Susan Wong, Christopher, G.
8. Make It with You – Susan Wong, Gates, David, A.
9. This Girl’s in Love with You – Susan Wong, Bacharach, B.
10. How Deep Is Your Love – Susan Wong, Gibb, B.
11. Someone Like You – Susan Wong, Morrison, V.
12. You Send Me – Susan Wong, Cooke, S.
13. Goodnight – Susan Wong, Russell, G.
1. Susan Wong – Cavatina (4:01)
2. Susan Wong – Superstar (3:36)
3. Susan Wong – I’ll Have to Say I Love You in a Song (3:06)
4. Susan Wong – Kiss Me Goodbye (4:29)
5. Susan Wong – I Only Want To Be With You (2:59)
6. Susan Wong – I’m Easy (3:35)
7. Susan Wong – Do That To Me One More Time (4:04)
8. Susan Wong – Fly Me To The Moon (4:01)
9. Susan Wong – Stay A While (3:40)
10. Susan Wong – Emotion (4:31)
11. Susan Wong – Girl From Ipanema (3:59)
12. Susan Wong – Somewhere Beyond The Sea (3:43)
13. Susan Wong – Imagine (3:32)
14. Susan Wong – Desafinando (4:30)
15. Susan Wong – And I Love Her (2:55)
16. Susan Wong – My Cherie Amour (3:09)
17. Susan Wong – How Wonderful You Are (3:59)
18. Susan Wong – I Believe (3:15)
01. Killing Me Softly
03. Love Will Keep Us Alive
04. Somewhere Beyond the Sea
05. The Way We Were
06. Stay Awhile
09. When I Fall in Love
10. How Wonderful You Are
11. Just the Way You Are
12. Sometimes When We Touch
13. We’re All Alone
Click on Album to download, credit to uploader